Monday, May 28, 2012

Sorry about the hiatus...

So I know it's been a while since I posted, but I will do my best to write a new entry at least twice a week. I've been struggling the past few weeks - I've felt sluggish and like I can't run as much as I could before. Part of it is that the heat really bothers me, so I'm going to try to get my runs in early in the morning. I'm also going to ask Sean to run with me to help with the motivation. He can't run with me tomorrow because he'll be at work, but he should be able to join me on Thursday for a run. I think that having someone to run with will really help.

Kaia had its first swim class last week, and I'm really glad that I went. Eventually (not this year) I want to do a triathlon, so I'll need to work on my swimming to make that a reality. However, I had never really learned to swim before, or if I did, I don't remember it. Sure, I could doggy paddle, and I knew the basic strokes, but until last week I was never really able to swim laps. So I'm happy to be learning something new, and I like the feeling of accomplishment. It's also a really good way to cross-train with running because it's so easy on the joints.

Today, Sean and I went for a 35 minute walk to the food co-op and back. I didn't really need anything, but the walk was good and I like going to the co-op. Tonight I'm busy with volunteer stuff, so I won't be getting much exercise.

Oh, and the highlight of my week last week (not related to fitness, but still very cool): Kal Penn came to Reno for OFA and I got to drive him around. It was really cool to get to know him and hear about the issues that he's interested in. He's really smart, funny (obviously), and he was also really nice. I was worried that I wouldn't have anything to talk about with him, since I hadn't seen any of his movies, but that wasn't a problem - we're both politically passionate so that gave us plenty to talk about. After meeting him, I did watch Harold and Kumar go to White Castle, just so I could say that I've seen one of his movies, but I'm happy that I waited until after meeting him before watching the movie, so I could get to know him and not have any preconceptions based on who he is in the movie. I also felt bad that he had to cram himself into my little car - at one point, I was driving him and two staffers around. My car was not designed for that many people! Don't get me wrong, I love my car, but it is very much a small-person car, and is best for no more than two people. But it was a really neat experience...how many people can say that they've been a driver for a day for a famous actor? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment