Friday, May 4, 2012

Beautiful Day for Hiking

I really, really did not want to get out of bed this morning when my alarm went off. But I had planned to get a massage today and I told myself that I could only get the massage if I went to Kaia. So I got up and went...today was yoga day, although that doesn't mean that today was easy! I felt somewhat better afterwards, and I'm glad that I can say that I had perfect attendance this week. Now I just need to do this for five more weeks...

After Kaia, I went home and ate breakfast, and Sean and I went up to White's Creek to go hiking. We went for about an hour and a half, and the weather was wonderful. It was a little cool - I brought a jacket and fleece ear warmers with me and I was glad that I had - but otherwise, it was a perfect day for hiking (and I would prefer it to be a little cool rather than a little hot). We saw a couple mountain bikers, but we were out there pretty early, so we didn't run into any other hikers. I had plans for this afternoon, and Sean wanted to see the Avengers movie, so we wanted today's hike to be short. Next week we'll go on a longer hike. I don't know how many miles we went, but that doesn't really matter - what's important is that we enjoyed ourselves!

I also did some walking this afternoon, and I got a massage (I figure that I've earned it!). Sean and I went out for dinner, which wasn't so great for the nutrition plan, but I've decided that I'm going to pick what works for me from that plan and ignore the rest. This doesn't mean that I'll be eating junk food, it just means that an occasional indulgence is okay, and I'll try to watch what I eat and make sure that it's healthy food. I'm eating more fruits and vegetables, and fewer sugary foods, so that's good. I'm also trying to get some form of exercise every day, whether it's running or walking or yoga or Kaia, or a combination of those. In fact, since Kaia started, I've done additional exercise four out of the five days this week. So as long as I'm moving, it's okay for me to eat a few extra calories.

I am feeling stronger. I can do fifteen push-ups now, and I could barely do five when I started (real push-ups, not girly on-the-knees push-ups). My biceps are looking good, my stomach is getting smaller, and overall I feel like I have more energy. My legs are also feeling stronger - my calves and quads are pretty solid right now. It's great to see some results from all of this hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment