Thursday, May 3, 2012

Kaia and 2-mile run

Yesterday and today, I haven't felt very well. I've been very tired and out of sorts. Today, Sean had to drive me to a doctor's appointment because I was not feeling good enough to drive (although I felt fine when I drove to Kaia at 6 am...not sure why I was okay then but not later).

Anyway, the Kaia workout was good. There were five stations, and each station had 3-4 sets of 2-3 exercises. We had to do 20 reps of each exercise, and we had eight minutes to complete each station. Some stations were easier than others...the last one my team did was the hardest. We had to do twenty Kaia builders (similar to squat thrusts, but with a couple extra moves), among other things. I'm very glad that I did the Core session before this one, cause this session is totally kicking my butt as it is! I can't imagine how much worse it would be if I was starting with being completely out of shape and having no strength.

This evening, I still wasn't feeling good, but I went running anyway. My plan was to run for two miles. Well, I ran a mile and a half, but then stomach pain stopped me and I had to walk the last half mile. I did the two miles in 26 minutes, which isn't too bad...the first mile-and-a-half (which I ran most of) I completed in about eighteen minutes. So I didn't really run two miles, but at least I did the two miles! (I didn't really have a choice - when the stomach pain hit my car was half a mile away!) And running a mile and a half is pretty damn good, at least for me, considering that I couldn't run a quarter mile a couple months ago.

I'm hoping I'll feel better by Sunday. I'm doing the 5k no matter what, but depending on how I feel I may have to walk most of it. But if I'm feeling better, I'm going to try to run the whole way, with short walk breaks as needed. I've been ignoring the nutrition plan for the past two days - I simply haven't had the energy to make the meals, and I've had time constraints that made it difficult. And it's not like I've been eating junk food; I'm still eating healthy, even if it's not what the plan says. After all, I'm still keeping a food journal, and that makes it harder for me to eat junk. :-)

If you're a runner, do you remember how far you could run when you first started? What obstacles did you face and how did you get through them? If you're not a runner, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment